Sunday, March 10, 2013

Gabriel's 14th birthday

Gabe is a pretty low key guy about birthdays. He wasn’t interested in having a party this year or any special kind of activity, so I had to make all the decisions myself. Given that he is a pepperoni pizza lover and the pizza over here*sucks*, I decided to make him a pizza loaded with pepperoni. In fact, you couldn’t even see the crust under the pepperoni when I was finished ; ). That brought a smile to Gabe’s face! I also made a veggie pizza for the rest of the family to share (with sauteed eggplant, shitaake mushrooms, and red peppers-yum!)  Dessert was up to me as well, so I made carrot cake with cream cheese frosting since I love carrot cake ; ). After dinner, we shared the birthday cake with some new friends in our condominium.

goofy Gabe waiting to dig into his birthday dinner

veggie pizza

the pepperoni masterpiece before the cheese and baking...

Gabe blowing out his birthday candles next to the pool with our new friends

birthday scroll of Gabe's Chinese name: Sha Tin

all Gabe's presents...

that's a surprise-a japanese chess game!

and finally, badminton racquets (in preparation for badminton season)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Gaberiel. Love seeing your pictures always.

    ReplyDelete