Saturday, August 18, 2012

Brain stimulating experiences


It’s funny, but as I experience all the new things in my new home country of Malaysia, I think about how much my brain is getting stimulated with the new people, places, foods, stores, ways of doing things, and many more things. I have always been very practically minded and now as I get closer to my 50th birthday, I think more about not losing what I have gained over a lifetime of experiences. We all know that if you don’t use it, you lose it, so this trip is an attempt to stimulate all of our brains with a year of fantastic experiences. 

It is so easy and comfortable to just relax into our daily routines which then sometimes become grinds with all things that MUST be done. When we made the decision to travel overseas for a year with our two teenagers, I felt a strong urge to break out of our routine and take on new and exciting challenges that could bring us uncountable benefits. I look forward to sharing some of those experiences with you this coming year. 

Below, I have included some pictures that I took our first week in Malaysia. Enjoy! Wishing you many brain stimulating experiences of your own...


 in the airport on the way to Kuala Lumpur


 tower of power


 madeline's new look


 gabriel's new look


 dragon fruit (bland despite the beautiful color)


 chicken with feet at chow kit market


shoes at chow kit wet market


 chow kit market


 chow kit market


 my new guitar in sri hartamas


 workers taking a break


street food in sri hartamas

1 comment: